Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mikael Andersson Wigander <mi...@pm.me.INVALID> on 2020/10/21 08:00:15 UTC

File filter option using genericFileFilter is not working properly

We have a running SFTP route using the &filter option to accept files using a regular expression. This is working fine in Camel 2.25.0.

Migrating to Camel 3.5.0 it is not working at all. Every file in the directory is downloaded, disregarding the filter option.

I can't find any documentation about what might have changed EXCEPT that the &filter option has changed so that the bean reference should be without the "#" character prefix.

Bean definition
============

@Bean
public static StatusFileFilter<String> shuttleStatusFileFilter() {
return new StatusFileFilter<>();
}

Class definition
============

@Component
public class StatusFileFilter<T> implements GenericFileFilter<T> {
/**
* The Shuttle file.
*/
@Value("${shuttle.status-filename.regexp}")
private String shuttleFile;

@Override
public boolean accept(final GenericFile<T> genericFile) {
final long fileLength = genericFile.getFileLength();
final String fileName = genericFile.getFileName();
final boolean matches = fileName.matches(shuttleFile);
return (fileLength > 0 && matches);
}
}

The route:
========

final String fromStatusFilesStr = "{{shuttle.ftp.incoming-status-files.url}}" +
"&username={{shuttle.ftp.username}}" +
"&password={{shuttle.ftp.password}}" +
"&allowNullBody=false" +
"&filter=shuttleStatusFileFilter" +
"&bridgeErrorHandler=true" +
"&throwExceptionOnConnectFailed=true";

from(fromStatusFilesStr)
.to("log:StatusFiles?showHeaders=true&showProperties=true&multiline=true")
.choice()
.when(body().isNotNull())
.split(bodyAs(String.class).tokenize("\n")) //<.>
.parallelProcessing(true)
.streaming()
.to("{{jms.queue.statefiles}}")
.to("log:StateFiles?level=INFO&groupInterval=10000&groupActiveOnly=true")
.choice()
.when(simple("${header.CamelSplitComplete} == true"))
.log("Number of records split: ${header.CamelSplitSize}")
.log("Importing complete: ${header.CamelFileName}")
.endChoice()
.end();

I have tried to log whatever is going on in the bean but no log statements are present so that's why I think it is not working properly, the bean is not activated.

The documentation still points out the hash-char as prefix so that must still be wrong:
https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/file-component.html#_filter_using_org_apache_camel_component_file_genericfilefilter

Pls advice what could be wrong and/or point me to some documentation

Thx

/M

Re: File filter option using genericFileFilter is not working properly

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Some spring issue that it does not register your bean so Camel cant find it.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:31 AM Mikael Andersson Wigander
<mi...@pm.me.invalid> wrote:

> Thanks
>
> Using the # sign gives me this error
>
> Caused by: org.apache.camel.NoSuchBeanException: No bean could be found in the registry for: shuttleReconFileFilter of type: org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileFilter
>
> What am I missing, really?
>

> /M

Claus Ibsen

Posted by Mikael Andersson Wigander <mi...@pm.me.INVALID>.