Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com> on 2002/01/08 21:30:59 UTC

commons-validator

is it planned to move towards adopting some of the commons layout
standards?

- robert

Re: commons-validator

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
On Tuesday, January 8, 2002, at 09:21 PM, David Winterfeldt wrote:

> I want to.

cool :)

>  The only thing I've noticed is that I
> checked the source in under src/share and it looks
> like commons projects have moved to using src/java.
> Is that right?

i think so. you might need a conf/MANIFEST.MF if you have any dependencies.

>  Anything else?  Let me know if I miss
> anything else.

i believe that all the build.xml files are based on a standard template
and that you should have a PROPOSAL.html and a STATUS.html.

hopefully other people will yell if they see anything else or if i've gone
wrong anywhere...

- robert

Re: commons-validator

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, David Winterfeldt wrote:

> Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:21:57 -0800 (PST)
> From: David Winterfeldt <dw...@yahoo.com>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: commons-validator
>
> I want to.  The only thing I've noticed is that I
> checked the source in under src/share and it looks
> like commons projects have moved to using src/java.
> Is that right?  Anything else?  Let me know if I miss
> anything else.

A couple relatively small things (see build.xml from beanutils or
collections for details):
* A "test" target to execute the unit tests (versus "runtests")
* Use of "description" attributes on the <target>s intended
  for human consumption, so that "ant -projecthelp" is nice
* A "dist" target that creates the following:
    dist/
      LICENSE
      commons-validator.jar
      docs/
        api/
          {Javadocs}

In your case, there might be a few more files in the distribution, but
these are the standard features.

I know these conventions were discussed early on, and I thought someone
(Ted???) had promised to document them in the Commons web site ???

> David

Craig

Re: commons-validator

Posted by David Winterfeldt <dw...@yahoo.com>.