Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Benoy Antony <ba...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/04 21:03:48 UTC

Security for 0.22

Hi All ,

As I understand , there is some security code in 22, but some patches are
not there . This includes MR-LinuxTaskController and SPNego support for the
WebUI.
I am trying to missing features/patches and best approach for incorporating
 security in 0.22. Please let me know your thoughts and recommendations for
this.

Thanks and Regards,
Benoy Antony

Re: Security for 0.22

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
0.22 has had the linux task controller removed, because it lacks a
forward port of MAPREDUCE-2178. (MR-2178 fixes a root exploit in the
linux task controller.) That means that all 0.22 Hadoop clusters run
all mapreduce tasks as the same uid as the task tracker.

-- Owen