Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org> on 2015/06/04 23:01:42 UTC

[DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache cTAKES Jun 2015

[DRAFT- Feel free to add/edit]

-------

Report from the Apache cTAKES project [Pei Chen]

   Apache clinical Text Analysis and Knowledge Extraction System (cTAKES)
is

   an open-source natural language processing system for information
extraction

   from electronic medical record clinical free-text.

## Activity:

A talk about cTAKES using Spark/BigTop on processing Twitter data was well
received at ApacheCon NA 2015.

The committee just released ctakes-3.2.2 on May 30, 2015 and contains a
critical patch caused by a change by a 3rd party (NLM) validation service.
Full Release notes: http://s.apache.org/ctakes-3.2.2-release-notes

The committee is actively working on the next release cTAKES with new
temporal components/models and various bug fixes in Jira.

The committee is planning a local meetup (Boston) in the near future to
integrate cTAKES with Docker for easier deployments.

## Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## PMC/Committership changes:

 - Currently 31 committers and 30 PMC members in the project.

 - Last PMC addition was Michelle Chen at Fri Jan 23 2015

 - Last committer addition was Jim Gregoric at Sat Feb 28 2015

## Releases:

 - 3.2.2 was released on May 30 2015
 - 3.2.1 was released on Dec 10 2014

 - 3.2.0 was released on Jul 23 2014

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@ctakes.apache.org:

 - user@ctakes.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Re: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache cTAKES Jun 2015

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
I am not aware of any currently, but I think it would make a great
contribution though.
--Pei