Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by chengy <ch...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2010/05/30 16:32:59 UTC

Configuring JAX-RS services in container with Spring configuration file...

followed:http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs.html#JAX-RS-ConfiguringJAXRSservicesincontainerwithSpringconfigurationfile
 <jaxrs:server id="customerService" address="/s" >
    <jaxrs:serviceBeans>
      <ref bean="customerBean" />
    </jaxrs:serviceBeans>
  </jaxrs:server>

  <bean id="customerBean" class="demo.jaxrs.server.CustomerService" />

  @Path("/customerservice/")
  public class CustomerService {

    @GET
    @Path("/customers/{id}/")
    public Customer getCustomer(@PathParam("id") String id) {
        System.out.println("----invoking getCustomer, Customer id is: " +
id);
        long idNumber = Long.parseLong(id);
        Customer c = customers.get(idNumber);
        return c;
    }

tomcat start info:
2010-5-30 22:08:42 org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl initDestination
Setting the server's publish address to be /s
But when I execute the url
"http://localhost:8088/rsproject/s/customerservice/customers/123/" in
browser,tomcat print a warn message:
Can't find the request for
http://localhost:8088/rsproject/s/customerservice/customers/123/'s Observer

any suggestions?

Re: Configuring JAX-RS services in container with Spring configuration file...

Posted by chengy <ch...@yahoo.com.cn>.
I find there are 2 instance of ServletTransportFactory,why??

Re: Configuring JAX-RS services in container with Spring configuration file...

Posted by chengy <ch...@yahoo.com.cn>.
  <!-- do not use import statements if CXFServlet init parameters link to
this beans.xml -->

  <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml"
/>
  <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />

!!!

Re: Configuring JAX-RS services in container with Spring configuration file...

Posted by chengy <ch...@yahoo.com.cn>.
I think this may be a bug,has anybody get through the container sping rs
service?? I just follow the example,tomcat is 6.0.20,cxf is 2.2.5:

web.xml:

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
<web-app>
	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>CXFServlet</servlet-name>
		<display-name>CXF Servlet</display-name>
		<servlet-class>
			org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet
		</servlet-class>
	   	<init-param>
                  <param-name>config-location</param-name>
                  <param-value>/WEB-INF/beans.xml</param-value>
          </init-param>
		<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
	</servlet>

	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>CXFServlet</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

beans.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  xmlns:jaxrs="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs"
  xsi:schemaLocation="
http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxrs.xsd">

  <!-- do not use import statements if CXFServlet init parameters link to
this beans.xml -->

  <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml"
/>
  <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />

  <jaxrs:server id="customerService" address="/service1">
    <jaxrs:serviceBeans>
      <ref bean="customerBean" />
    </jaxrs:serviceBeans>
  </jaxrs:server>

  <bean id="customerBean" class="demo.jaxrs.server.CustomerService" />
</beans>

CustomerService.java:
/**
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
 * or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file
 * distributed with this work for additional information
 * regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file
 * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
 * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
 * with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 * http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
 * software distributed under the License is distributed on an
 * "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
 * KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the
 * specific language governing permissions and limitations
 * under the License.
 */
package demo.jaxrs.server;

import java.util.HashMap;
import java.util.Map;

import javax.ws.rs.DELETE;
import javax.ws.rs.GET;
import javax.ws.rs.POST;
import javax.ws.rs.PUT;
import javax.ws.rs.Path;
import javax.ws.rs.PathParam;
import javax.ws.rs.core.Response;

@Path("/customerservice/")
public class CustomerService {
    long currentId = 123;
    Map<Long, Customer> customers = new HashMap<Long, Customer>();

    public CustomerService() {
        init();
    }

    @GET
    @Path("/customers/{id}/")
    public Customer getCustomer(@PathParam("id") String id) {
        System.out.println("----invoking getCustomer, Customer id is: " +
id);
        long idNumber = Long.parseLong(id);
        Customer c = customers.get(idNumber);
        return c;
    }

    @PUT
    @Path("/customers/")
    public Response updateCustomer(Customer customer) {
        System.out.println("----invoking updateCustomer, Customer name is: "
+ customer.getName());
        Customer c = customers.get(customer.getId());
        Response r;
        if (c != null) {
            customers.put(customer.getId(), customer);
            r = Response.ok().build();
        } else {
            r = Response.notModified().build();
        }

        return r;
    }

    @POST
    @Path("/customers/")
    public Response addCustomer(Customer customer) {
        System.out.println("----invoking addCustomer, Customer name is: " +
customer.getName());
        customer.setId(++currentId);

        customers.put(customer.getId(), customer);

        return Response.ok(customer).build();
    }

    @DELETE
    @Path("/customers/{id}/")
    public Response deleteCustomer(@PathParam("id") String id) {
        System.out.println("----invoking deleteCustomer, Customer id is: " +
id);
        long idNumber = Long.parseLong(id);
        Customer c = customers.get(idNumber);

        Response r;
        if (c != null) {
            r = Response.ok().build();
            customers.remove(idNumber);
        } else {
            r = Response.notModified().build();
        }

        return r;
    }

    final void init() {
        Customer c = new Customer();
        c.setName("John");
        c.setId(123);
        customers.put(c.getId(), c);
    }

}

Customer.java
package demo.jaxrs.server;

import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlRootElement;

@XmlRootElement(name = "Customer")
public class Customer {
    private long id;
    private String name;

    public long getId() {
        return id;
    }

    public void setId(long id) {
        this.id = id;
    }

    public String getName() {
        return name;
    }

    public void setName(String name) {
        this.name = name;
    }
}

Re: Configuring JAX-RS services in container with Spring configuration file...

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
It all looks ok...Providing some more information may help. CXF &
tomcat versions, how does web.xml look like.
It does look like that the endpoint has not been actually published
successfully or may be CustomerService has not been recognized as a JAXRS
resource due to the fact JAXRS annotations are not visible for whatever
reasons

cheers, Sergey

Posted by "KARR, DAVID (ATTSI)" <dk...@att.com>.