Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Bs Serge <se...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/06 08:40:20 UTC

Make to Order Production Run

Hi,

Referring to the Manufacturing & MRP Tutorial (from Sharan Foga) It is
mentioned that OFBiz supports a Make to Order (MTO) process where the
manufacturing process is triggered by an order from a customer. The product
is manufactured specifically for that customer.

In OFBiz I can start & complete production runs with routing tasks but I’m
having trouble connecting a product sales order with a production run.

So I’m wondering how does that happen? How does a product sales order
trigger the manufacturing production run of a certain ordered product?

Best Regards,

Re: Make to Order Production Run

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
A ticket to enhance inventory (demo data) of pc components would certainly
help. Demo this

Posted by Bs Serge <se...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much, Jacques, Zhang and Pierre

The configurable PC order successfully generate a production run for the
ordered product which is exactly what I was looking for.

It's good to hear that after the production run is completed, and goods
have moved into inventory, the order can be packed, shipped and invoiced
all out-of-the-box.

Thank you all again,

Best Regards,

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 5:00 PM Jacques Le Roux <

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Serge,

Also related (accessible from the order, I guess you saw/or will see it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGu8xI21VTg

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/manufacturing/control/ShowProductionRun?productionRunId=10008
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/facility/control/EditInventoryItem?inventoryItemId=10005

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Serge,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Serge,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
That's exactly it, thanks Zhang, BTW you are still not subscribed ;)

Serge: try to add in inventory, using data for instance

Jacques

Posted by Wei Zhang <zh...@shinetechsoftware.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Bs Serge <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,