Posted to dev@commonsrdf.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/03/27 19:03:21 UTC

Fwd: Re: CommonsRDF Software Grant Agreement

OK, I think we have the green light to continue with the code ingestion
from the tag apache-import-20150327 at github:

https://github.com/commons-rdf/commons-rdf/releases/tag/apache-import-20150327

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

> Keeping both available for now, with the current three messages (URL,
> last commit, and the top of the README.md) on the
> commons-rdf/commons-rdf repository that indicate the project has been
> moved, is useful for a migration period.
>
> With Git it doesn't matter about the exact timescales for keeping
> commons-rdf/commons-rdf in sync with apache/incubator-commonsrdf, as
> merging is trivial and pushing is also trivial. Hence, if a fork uses
> commons-rdf/commons-rdf as a source, they will not be months out of
> date. At most they will be days out of date.
>
> FWIW, I don't mind being the one to push master to
> commons-rdf/commons-rdf for a while. It is one extra quick command
> that I have done in the past for other projects with similarly
> fragmented designs and with Git it really isn't a hassle.
>
> We could turn issues off, but there is a substantial chunk of the
> project history that is only available there, so it would be easier
> for everyones sake to leave them there.
>
> GitHub doesn't allow Pull Requests to be turned off, as that is not
> the point of their system. If we get Pull Requests there, we will
> merge them the same way we are currently merging Pull Requests, using
> "git merge --no-ff" on the command line. We can't use the GitHub
> interface to merge pull requests for apache/incubator-commonsrdf
> anyway, per the overall design where a push to git-wip triggers the
> update at GitHub, so in terms of where Pull Requests come in from,
> there is no difference.
>
> I suggest that we leave it how it is until graduation from the
> incubator, when we notify all of the remaining forks of
> commons-rdf/commons-rdf where the current repository is at that stage,
> as apache/incubator-commonsrdf isn't a permanent fixture anyway, so we
> would be reducing the administrative hassle for them from 2 (or more)
> fork changes to a single fork change.
>
> I doubt that we would be able to transfer a repository in and then
> have it converted to the special "mirror" repositories, and doing so
> doesn't help with merging pull requests anyway.

FWIW, we already have an empty repo [1] waiting for you after incubation.

Benedikt

[1] git://git.apache.org/commons-rdf.git

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/

Re: CommonsRDF Software Grant Agreement

Posted by Peter Ansell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Ansell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Re: Re: CommonsRDF Software Grant Agreement

Posted by Peter Ansell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Ansell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi Sergio,