Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com> on 2007/02/10 12:04:45 UTC

Services for Product Category hierarchies

Is there a service for retrieving all the child categories belonging to a parent category? Is the
related entity ProductCategoryRollup? This entity seems to allow a child category to have more
than 1 parent category.

What about field ProductCategory.primaryParentCategoryId?

I see services "createProductCategory" (and update) used to create the necessary
ProductCategoryRollup record, but not anymore. Same for service "updateProduct".

Do I use the CategoryWorker.java?

Jonathon

Re: Services for Product Category hierarchies

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Jonathon,

 > Is there a service for retrieving all the child categories belonging
 > to a parent category?

I'm not sure if a service exists. You may find a recursive algorithm  in getCategoryContentWrappers that may be be adapted for that
use

Jacques

Subject: Services for Product Category hierarchies

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
David,

I'm looking for descendant ProductCategory(s), not Products. I'll reuse codes from ProductSearch
if possible. Thanks.

My objective: Trim options to manageable size for field "Primary Category" in screen "LookupProduct".

If such a service isn't there yet, I could create one. For now, I just have it in my custom
hot-deploy app (as a bsh script, not service). Let me know if we should discuss about this service
and put it into OFBiz instead.

Jonathon

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.