Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sean McNamara <ta...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/27 23:31:58 UTC

ejb-client generation with Maven2?

I'm a little confused about client-ejb jar creation in M2.  In M1 for EJB module my-ejb v1.0, I would usually end up with a file called my-ejb-client-1.0.jar.

Using M2 and the maven-ejb-plugin, I now seem to get: my-ejb-1.0.ejb-client

The ".ejb-client" file is a properly formatted java archive, but the problem I'm having is that the application server I'm deploying to can't seem to find those files as it doesn't understand the .ejb-client extension as an archive.

I'm sure this is a configurable parameter, but I'm honestly finding a lot of the documentation for M2 modules extremely lacking.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: ejb-client generation with Maven2?

Posted by Sean McNamara <ta...@yahoo.com>.
Ok.  Cancel that "all solved" email.  If I specify "jar" I actually get the entire EJB jar packaged in, not just the client.

When I look in the repository, I can see the "my-ejb-1.0-client.jar" file, but somehow it's name gets converted on the import.

:-(

I just figured this out.  Instead of specifying the dependency as "ejb-client", I specified it as "jar" and it looks like it packages OK.

Is this documented someplace?

Posted by Sean McNamara <ta...@yahoo.com>.