Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/20 20:25:38 UTC

What Does "[ERROR] -2" Mean

I just ran FOP with an FO stylesheet that gave me
"[ERROR] -2" for output and no PDF.  What does it
mean?

I could go back through my stylesheet and remove
changes until the thing works again, but I'd love a
clue for figuring out what to fix.  Thanks - MOD

Re: What Does "[ERROR] -2" Mean

Posted by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com>.
You are exactly right, Jeremias.  I had a spanning
problem that went away when I took those out.

Good eye - you know this well.  It's impressive to be
able to spot an error with so little info.  Thanks -
MOD

--- Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> wrote:
> Looking at the code I think it could be some problem
> with cell spanning,
> a negative number where it should be positive, for
> example. If that
> doesn't help comment out portions of your FO or
> stylesheet to circle in
> the problem location. Check the numbers of columns
> defined and used in
> your tables.
>
> On 20.06.2003 21:04:31 Michael Duffy wrote:
> >
> > I just did that five minutes before reading your
> note,
> > Jeremias.  (Great minds thinking alike.)
> >
> > There's more info now:
> >
> > java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -2
> >         at

org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableRow$CellArray.getNextFreeCell(TableRow.java:130)

Re: What Does "[ERROR] -2" Mean

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Looking at the code I think it could be some problem with cell spanning,
a negative number where it should be positive, for example. If that
doesn't help comment out portions of your FO or stylesheet to circle in
the problem location. Check the numbers of columns defined and used in
your tables.

On 20.06.2003 21:04:31 Michael Duffy wrote:

> I just did that five minutes before reading your note,
> Jeremias.  (Great minds thinking alike.)
>
> There's more info now:
>
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -2
>         at
> org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableRow$CellArray.getNextFreeCell(TableRow.java:130)
>
> Not much help - I don't know where an array index like
> this would come from.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: What Does "[ERROR] -2" Mean

Posted by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com>.
Found it - foolish user error.  I had cut & pasted
some table cells and forgot to remove unnecessary
"number-columns-spanned" attributes.  My apologies. -
MOD

Re: What Does "[ERROR] -2" Mean

Posted by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com>.

Re: What Does "[ERROR] -2" Mean