Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Ar...@mayo.edu> on 2003/04/11 23:03:09 UTC

Manually building queries

Is there any documentation/examples of how to build queries without using the query parser?  Would someone be willing to post some?

Documentation on the website strongly suggests "If you are programmatically generating a query string and then parsing it with the query parser then you should seriously consider building your queries directly with the query API"

But I can't find any examples or documentation other than the API's to show me how to do it..

Thanks,

Dan

Re: Manually building queries

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
A good place to look are the unit tests.
I think you should be able to find most if not all types of queries
there.

Otis