Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Yu Di <yd...@eecs.uic.edu> on 2000/04/03 04:01:06 UTC

Another Error in Apache::ASP and Perl 5.6.0

Hi, after I reported the last error, I found that Apache::ASP was still
not working correctly, as when I try to access an ASP file, sometimes the
server will report
"[notice] child pid 561 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)"
and the file will not be able to be accessed.

Is this an error of Apache::ASP?

Di, Yu
4.2

Re: Another Error in Apache::ASP and Perl 5.6.0

Posted by Yu Di <yd...@eecs.uic.edu>.
Hi, my modperl & apache are compiled by myself, Perl 5.005_03 was included
in Redhat, Perl 5.6.0 was compiled by myself.
I will try modperl 1.21 and apache 1.3.11, and see which one's new version
is causing troubles.

Di, Yu
4.7

Posted by Yu Di <yd...@eecs.uic.edu>.
Hi, I upgraded my gcc to 2.95.2, re-compiled Perl 5.6.0, Apache 1.3.12,
and mod_perl 1.22. I put "PerlModule Apache::ASP" and "PerlModule
Apache::DBI" in the httpd.conf. Then it worked. I guess the problem was
some confliction between mod_perl and other Apache modules (I installed
PHP 4RC1 and fastcgi before, this time I did not install them).

Di, Yu
4.8

Re: Another Error in Apache::ASP and Perl 5.6.0

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.

Posted by Yu Di <yd...@eecs.uic.edu>.

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.

Posted by Yu Di <yd...@eecs.uic.edu>.

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.

Posted by Yu Di <yd...@eecs.uic.edu>.
I added that before my "<Files ~ "\.mpl$">", no change.
BTW, the Apache::Registry test program always worked correctly.

Di, Yu
4.4

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.

Posted by Yu Di <yd...@eecs.uic.edu>.
Hi, I did compile it statically. But currently for my program, I always
get such errors.

My Apache is 1.3.12, Perl is 5.6.0, mod_perl is 1.22.

The relevant part in my httpd.conf is:

<Files ~ "\.mpl$">
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
    Options ExecCGI
</Files>

<Directory /home/myaccount/public_html>
<Files ~ "\.htm$">
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::ASP
    PerlSetVar Global /tmp
</Files>
</Directory>

<Files ~ "\.asp$">
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::ASP
    PerlSetVar Global /tmp
</Files>

My program is:
<%
        unless ($Application->{Config})
        {
                open CONFIGURE, "<my.conf" or die "Can't open
configuration
.";
                my $config = undef;
                while (<CONFIGURE>)