Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Samip Ladhawala <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/12 20:50:33 UTC

child window problem!!!!!!

Hi guys,

We are using Struts in our project and have a kind of
road block stopping us to proceed. Problem is
described below and any help on this will be
appreciated.

We have an Assign.jsp with AssignForm and
AssignAction.  From Assign.jsp user may perform
actions like assign a person, Search a person, See
details of a person and Change a person. We are using
Dispatch action as a superclass for our AssignAction
form and we pass appropriate actiontype as parameter
when an action takes place.

We are kind of stuck at search person. Requirement is
when a user keys in partial name and presses search
link(this is <html:link>) a new window should open up
with name of all the people with the matching name
with the partial name typed in by the user. We have
our search form ready and in the action of this search
form we are using a business delegate to get us a list
of people.
Our problems are
1. How can we open a new window from Assign.jsp and
open Search window?
2. Search window needs search values from the parent
window (Assign.jsp). How can we pass this to
Search.jsp and invoke SearchAction to perform the
search on the parameter passed and display the results
to the user in search.jsp?
3.  When user makes his selection in the Search.jsp we
wish to close the Search window on selection and
refresh the parent window(Assign.jsp) with the value
selected by the user in Search.jsp. How can we do
this?

Thanks,
Samip.

RE: child window problem!!!!!!