Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Lister <ja...@mail.com> on 2004/11/15 18:22:13 UTC

JAVA_OPTS

First time caller, long time listener.  :)
Have a couple of questions about JAVA_OPT settings in catalina.sh.
First one is I was looking at -server cached and tested that out and got nothing, tomcat didnt start a process.
Next is -Xms128 -Xmx384 gives me an error of  "Error occurred during initialization of VM  Too small initial heap"
Tomcat wont start with either of these flags set in JAVA_OPTS.

Re: JAVA_OPTS

Posted by Mufaddal Khumri <mu...@wmotion.com>.
Specify -Xms128M and -Xmx384M ... the M stands for megabytes.

RE: JAVA_OPTS

Posted by Matt <ca...@pauaware.co.nz>.
If you'd prefer to use the tomcat service here's a page to assist in setup
of Xms, Xmx :

http://www.pauaware.co.nz/tomcatntservice.htm