Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Sanjay Rao <ge...@live.com> on 2016/08/09 08:50:28 UTC

Building 64 bit Arrow

Hi,
I am in process of building 64 bit Arrow CPP version, I could get all thridparties compiled, now facing below error
[ 63%] Built target arrow_benchmark_mainLinking CXX executable ../../debug/column-benchmarkld: warning: file ../../../thirdparty/benchmark-1.0.0/libbenchmark.a(benchmark.cc.o): wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

Is there something I am missing ?
Thanks,Sanjay

Re: Building 64 bit Arrow

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
It's possible that on your platform that something like "-m64" may
need to be passed when compiling / linking gbenchmark. I'm assuming
this in on SPARC? Not many developers have access to this architecture
for testing.

Note you can examine the ELF headers of a .a or .so file using readelf

readelf -h libbenchmark.a

- Wes