Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Roy Chan <on...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2010/11/28 16:35:37 UTC

problme learning t5+spring+hibernate

hi list,

I'm new to tapestry 5, so I follow tutorial from wiki to learn
t5+spring+hibernate.
<http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapstry5First_project_with_Tapestry5,_Spring_and_Hibernate>
However, I use the t5.2.4, spring 2.5.6 and hibernate 3.3 instead.

I had a problem of double context, so I checked out the web site knowing
that T5
no longer create  contextLoaderListener.  After delete it from the
web.xml, I have
"userManager service id undefined" error.  After digging the web,  I
down load the
tapestwitter <https://github.com/andyhot/tapestwitter> to find out that
it is using contextLoaderListener with t5.2, I was confused.
so which one is right? can anyone can give me some hints to fix the
problem, or can
any one point me to a more recent t5+spring+hibernate tutorial?

Thanks
John Chan

Re: problme learning t5+spring+hibernate

Posted by on...@yahoo.com.hk.
Thanks all, problem resolved after adding <config-param>
"tapestry.use-external-spring-context" to "true".

於 2010/11/29 5:24, Jonathan Barker 提到:

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.
Remove the ContextLoaderListener, and remove the @Service annotation.

One of the changes in T5.1 was the ability to inject T5 services into Spring
beans as well as the the other way around.  The downside is that now you are
restricted to only a single Spring bean for each service type that you want
to inject into a Tapestry page or service (you no longer get to pick your
bean id so you don't need the service annotation).

For example, you can have two SessionFactories configured for two different
databases, and if you only use those for Spring-configured DAO's, everything
is fine.  If you try to inject a SessionFactory into a Tapestry page,
Tapestry will grumble loudly.

Hopefully that addresses you problem,

Jonathan

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 3:38 PM, <on...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> Hi Chrstophe,
>
> thank you for your reply, I followed the example to local
> ApplicationContext.xml in my web.xml.
> I know if it is configured externally or internally, the information on
> the page is just not enough.
> Can you point me some other references?
>
> Thanks
> John
>
> 於 2010/11/29 0:55, Christophe Cordenier 提到:
> > I forgot to say that T5.1 was compatible with Spring 3 but in external
> > configuration (Spring ContextLoaderListener)
> >
> > 2010/11/28 Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Currently T5.1 was not compatible with spring 3.0, but if you use spring
> >> 2.5.6 you should have no problem using T5.1 or T5.2.
> >>
> >> The only difference if you use a ContextLoaderListener to load Spring is
> >> that you will not be able to inject Tapestry services inside Spring
> beans.
> >> Make sure you have declared TapestrySpringFilter instead regular
> >> TapestryFilter in your web.xml file.
> >>
> >> see http://tapestry.apache.org/spring.html
> >>

> >> 2010/11/28 Roy Chan <on...@yahoo.com.hk>
> >>
> >> hi list,