Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/04 23:19:35 UTC

Giraph 1.1.0- SNAPSHOT with Hadoop 2.2.0: Classnotfound Exception

Hi,

I have a trouble when trying to run giraph trunk on Hadoop 2.2.0

Job terminated, giving the exception

ERROR yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Giraph:
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation
reports FAILED state, diagnostics show: Application
application_1415138324209_0002 failed 2 times due to AM Container for
appattempt_1415138324209_0002_000002 exited with  exitCode: 1 due to:
Exception from container-launch:
org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException:
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:464)

stderror logs have following error:

Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster

I build the project using following command

mvn -Phadoop_yarn -fae -DskipTests -Dhadoop.version=2.2.0 clean install

I could see the class org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster in the
jar.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue? Also is there a way to run
giraph as Mapreduce application instead of yarn with hadoop 2.2.0?

Thanks,
Charith

--
Charith Dhanushka Wickramaarachchi

Tel  +1 213 447 4253
Web  http://apache.org/~charith <http://www-scf.usc.edu/~cwickram/>
<http://charith.wickramaarachchi.org/>
Blog  http://charith.wickramaarachchi.org/
<http://charithwiki.blogspot.com/>
Twitter  @charithwiki <https://twitter.com/charithwiki>

This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information
and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not the
intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have
received this communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating
that fact and delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not
print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information
contained in this communication. Internet communications cannot be
guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not
accept liability for any errors or omissions

Re: Giraph 1.1.0- SNAPSHOT with Hadoop 2.2.0: Classnotfound Exception

Posted by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I was able to fix this issue by removing the
property  <name>yarn.application.classpath</name> from yarn-site.xml.

Thanks,
Charith

Posted by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

[...]

Container for appattempt_1415138324209_0007_000002 exited with  exitCode: 1