Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Craven <mc...@jhu.edu> on 2017/06/23 20:06:27 UTC

Proximity searches with a wildcard

I apologize in advance if this is too off topic or basic. I am a web developer on a Drupal site tasked with trying to improve searching capabilities for our users. A product manager asked to me if proximity searches and wildcards worked on our search form. I did some testing and found that, yes, each work. However, what does not seem to work is both together. That is, looking for words or phrases near each other seems to work and looking for truncated words like pregna* seems to work, but the two together in one search string do not. Does anyone have experience in the Drupal context that could give me some advice or point me to a resource that can?

Thanks

-Michael

RE: Proximity searches with a wildcard

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Sure: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Other+Parsers#OtherParsers-ComplexPhraseQueryParser

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Have you looked at ComplexPhraseQueryParser? It adds  some expense of
course. See SOLR-1604.

Best,
Erick