Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Matthew Pangaro <mp...@lokitech.com> on 2001/03/02 15:21:24 UTC

Re: Patch to smtp handler

Federico,
That does sound like a pretty cool idea, and considerably more flexible.
This would allow us to implement pretty much any type of SMTP
filtering/action that we'd like to. Another nice plugin might be to do a
virus scan. I guess this is somewhat parallel to the maillets we already
have, but it has the advantage of being before the spool, so it might be a
nice added feature.

Having said that, I don't know how much interest there is in these sorts of
features, at least as an addition, since you can accomplish most of the same
work with the processors, and since nobody seems to have much interest in
the size filter either.

Anyway, I guess what I was thinking was that it might be good to implement
the patch as is for now, and if someone has the itch later, they could
scratch it and add the smtp event handling.

Dunno, just my $.02
Matt Pangaro
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com