Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Sean Owen <sr...@apache.org> on 2011/06/02 09:25:05 UTC

Apache Mahout 0.5 released

Apache Mahout has reached version 0.5. All developers are encouraged to
begin using version 0.5, as again much has changed and been fixed since
version 0.4. Many APIs have been changed, added or removed, and will
continue before version 1.0. Highlights of version 0.5 include:

   - Improved Lanczos solver: graceful restarts, better scalability
   - LDA improvements: document-topic distribution output, graceful restarts
   - Stochastic Singular Value Decomposition implementation
   - Incremental SVD implementation
   - Alternating Least Squares with Weighted Regularization collaborative
   filtering implementation, both distributed and non-distributed
   - SVDRecommender enhancements
   - Initial work at merging clustering and classification infrastructure
   - Better control over candidate item selection in item-based recommenders
   - Significant removal of deprecated or dead code
   - Many bug fixes, refactorings and other small improvements

Changes in 0.5 are detailed in the release notes (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315255&version=12314396
)

Downloads of all releases are available from Apache Mirrors (
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/mahout/).

Enjoy!
Sean

Re: Apache Mahout 0.5 released

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
The release notes link came up in edit mode.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Apache Mahout 0.5 released

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mat Kelcey <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mat Kelcey <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wei Li <we...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dmitriy:

    thanks for your stochastic SVD, I am trying to use it.

    the hadoop command line is as follows:

    hadoop jar mahout-core-0.6-SNAPSHOT-job.jar
org.apache.mahout.math.hadoop.stochasticsvd.SSVDCli
-Dmapred.job.queue.name=unfunded
-Dmapred.job.map.memory.mb=4096 -Dmapred.job.reduce.memory.mb=4096
-Dmapred.child.java.opts=-Xmx3072M -k 10 -p 490 -r 589769 -s 100 --input
input --output output

    is it correct? and the process seems very slow especially the Q-job
(only reading 72 records in 6 minutes).

    and how to set the parameter s?

Best
Wei