Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/07/31 11:40:02 UTC

How to re-populate multiple selected options in a dropdown combo box

Subject: How to re-populate multiple selected options in a dropdown combo box
From: "Hu Ji Rong" <hu...@yahoo.com>
 ===
Hi,

I have the following code and String[ ] attribute with the same name in the
form bean, but got an error same bean with name stdAirspaceLimitList not
found.

multiple="true" style="width: 157; height: 38"
property="stdAirspaceLimitList" size="2">

What's wrong? What I want to do is select values from a non-multiple
dropdown combo box and put them into the multiple dropdown combox.

Thanks in advance.
JiRong

RE: How to re-populate multiple selected options in a dropdown combo box

Posted by mike m <st...@wryse.com>.
If I understand your problem, I believe you need two properties:
one for html:select (String[ ])
one for html:options (List or String[ ])

because you can't store both the available items and the selected item(s) in
the same property.

Mike