Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jason Guild <ja...@alaska.gov> on 2018/07/17 23:45:17 UTC

deleting files not in whitelist

Hello:

I have a build file which declares a <resources> containing a list of
expected files which are relative to some directory. I am trying to
delete any files from that directory which /are not present/ in the
<resourcelist>, and I can't figure out how to do that with the <delete>
task and my understanding of the standard selectors.

Here's my resource list:

    <resources id="my-whitelist">
         <resourcelist basedir="${some.dir}">
             <url url="${target.files.url}"/>
         </resourcelist>
    </resources>

Basically my-whitelist is simply a list of filenames which are expected
to exist relative to ${some.dir}.

In a target, I would like to somehow use the <delete> task to delete any
files found in ${some.dir} which are /not listed in/ "my-whitelist",
like this:

    <delete dir="${some.dir}">
         <not>
             <resources refid="my-whitelist"/>
    </not>
    </delete>

But this doesn't work. I also tried:

    <delete>
         <restrict>
             <fileset dir="${some.dir}"/>
             <rsel:not
    xmlns:rsel="antlib:org.apache.tools.ant.types.resources.selectors">
                 <resources refid="my-whitelist"/>
             </rsel:not>
         </restrict>
    </delete>

Which doesn't work either.
Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

AW: deleting files not in whitelist

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
Sorry for not having the right time to digg into your solution.

Two workaround come into my mind:

1. Copy your whitelisted files into a tmp directory, delete the whole src directory and copy the whitelisted files back

2. Use <pathconvert> to convert your whitelist to an excludes-clause and use <delete><fileset .. excludes="${whiteliste.excludes}"/>

Jan