Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Gregg Smith <gl...@gknw.net> on 2020/05/08 23:10:29 UTC

Re: Trunk errors

Hi Steffen,

Assuming your building in the IDE as I know to be your usual;

On 5/8/2020 4:59 AM, Steffen wrote:

> Tried revision 1877505.
>
> libhttpd :
> miss in trunk modules\http\http_etag.c. Moved the one from Branches to
> include, libhttpd builds then, is that ok ?

Yes to get it to build for now. Question is why isn't it in trunk,
modules/http like it is in branches or anywhere (quick look and I can't
see it).

> mod_cache :
> #include "test_char.h"  not found.  Copied the generated
> server/test_char.h to /include, mod_cache builds then, is that ok ?

Yes to get it to build for now. We may just need to change the location
it's generated to, or just point to it's location in the build. If it's
not a public header then we do the second option. I'll look at that.

> htdbm and htpasswd :
> support\passwd_common.h(31,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
> file: 'ap_config_auto.h': No such file or directory.

This gives me a deja vu feeling with what stopped mod_ssl from building
in 2.4.42. The winbuilds dsp/mak files generate headers by copying a
.h.in file of the same name like ap_config_layout.h.in. This deja vu
feeling tells me just feeding it an empty ap_config_auto.h will not do.
It might build at least and seem to work but wouldn't be correct.
Yann? :)

> mod_ssl :
> ssl_engine_io.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> _ap_filter_adopt_brigade referenced in function _char_buffer_insert

AFAIK all ap_* functions are in libhttpd, maybe we're not
compiling/linking a new file. It looks to be in util_filters.c and that
shows as being compiled/linked to libhttpd. ???Huh???

> Looks like all the errors are related to changes in/after 2018. In 2018
> I build it without errors.
>
> Did not build all yet and only Win32 VS16, so maybe more to come.
Let's get it building on one version first, worry about any nuances in
the various VC versions second.

Gregg

Re: Trunk errors

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 1:10 AM Gregg Smith <gl...@gknw.net> wrote:

> > htdbm and htpasswd :
> > support\passwd_common.h(31,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
> > file: 'ap_config_auto.h': No such file or directory.
> >
> This gives me a deja vu feeling with what stopped mod_ssl from building
> in 2.4.42. The winbuilds dsp/mak files generate headers by copying a
> .h.in file of the same name like ap_config_layout.h.in. This deja vu
> feeling tells me just feeding it an empty ap_config_auto.h will not do.
> It might build at least and seem to work but wouldn't be correct.
> Yann? :)

I think we should not #include ap_config_auto.h directly, but
ap_config.h instead (which has the necessary #ifnot WINW32..).

So how about the attached patch?

Regards,
Yann.