Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> on 2022/11/21 06:04:45 UTC

Identifying contributions from new contributors

Hi -

Is it possible to identify PRs and issues from people who are new to Pulsar? If so then it might be good to maintain labels.

Knowing and helping new contributors to pulsar benefits us all.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Identifying contributions from new contributors

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

Interesting. I found @labuladong's related proposal[1] days before.

There can be two ways to identify such contributions:

1. Running CI tasks to label them when a new issue/PR is opened. Existing
actions[2] provide the functionality to comment but we can easily extend it
to label.
2. Periodically collect opened first-time contributions with a script, and
perhaps send it to the dev@ mailing list.

Hope this helps :)

Best,
tison.