Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2015/03/31 16:20:37 UTC

Qi4j presentation on 2 April

I am currently in Romania, and local Java User Group on Thursday, limited
to 200 seats. There was a poll to see which *two* of
   * Apache Software Foundation - How does it work?
   * Apache Incubator - How to get a project into Apache?
   * Qi4j - Composite Oriented Programming
   * Commercialization of Open Source

that I should talk about, and >75% gave one of the votes on Qi4j.

I will brush up the talk from Shanghai Apache Roadshow 2011 (?), and *any
ideas to pique the interest* to get involved in this audience is
appreciated.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: Qi4j presentation on 2 April

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
It went quite well. Since I have run 4-5 of these previously, I think I
sensed fewer exploded heads in the audience, and even some rather clever
questions, such as;

   I didn't mention what happens if more than one Mixin implements the same
method. "Will there be an error?"

   "What's the difference between Composite Oriented Programming and the
Composite/Facade in GangOfFour patterns?"

   "What are the future plans for messaging integration?"

   "What kind of metrics can be extracted?" (I mentioned a metrics SPI is
being worked on)

And some people came up afterwards and want more/deeper presentations again
in the future, and I suggested we do a small workshop on my next trip, to
give those who are interested a bit of hands-on.

A few slides were changed, I will upload Keynote/PDF later.

// Niclas

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.
Niclas,