Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Andreas J. Koenig" <an...@anima.de> on 2002/10/18 09:24:32 UTC

Buglet in diff on a revision predating the file

Does this one deserve to be filed as an issue?

Running 'svn diff' on a revision prior to the inclusion of the file
currently fails ungracefully:

$ svn diff -r 1234 doc/handbook/client.texi
subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/util.c:332: (apr_err=175002, src_err=0)
svn: RA layer request failed
svn: REPORT request failed on /repos/svn/trunk/doc/handbook
subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/util.c:316: (apr_err=175002, src_err=0)
svn: The REPORT request returned invalid XML in the response: XML parse error at line 1: xmlParseStartTag: invalid element name
.. (/repos/svn/trunk/doc/handbook)

--
andreas

Re: Buglet in diff on a revision predating the file

Posted by Vladimir Prus <gh...@cs.msu.su>.
Andreas J. Koenig wrote:

>   > andreas.koenig@anima.de (Andreas J. Koenig) writes:
>  >> Does this one deserve to be filed as an issue?
>
>   > Yep!  Check to see if it's already filed, if not, please file.
>
> Posted as issue 940.

I thought this might be a simple enough issue for a outsider like me to
look at, but it turned out to be much harder. However, my findings are
that when running

     svn diff -r 1 <somefile>

where <somefile> does not exist in revision 1, the server logs "404"
response to log file, but sends 200 to the client! See

     http://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/~ghost/trace

I don't understand how can it be. I probably can look at this problem
more, if I'm told where to look. Tracing the entire request handling in
httpd is not very nice idea ;-)

- Volodya

Re: Buglet in diff on a revision predating the file

Posted by "Andreas J. Koenig" <an...@anima.de>.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
andreas.koenig@anima.de (Andreas J. Koenig) writes:
> Does this one deserve to be filed as an issue?

Yep!  Check to see if it's already filed, if not, please file.

-K