Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by René Scholz <re...@abakus-edv-systems.de> on 2017/12/06 15:21:42 UTC

OM without Flash

Hello,

I had made a presentation of OM a greater circle of (scientific-)
colleagues/people.

The functionality of OM is very good and all of them are very impressed,
there is no discussion about it.

But the most of them will not accept the using of the flash-components.
My argument for the using of flash was the access
to cam and microphone.
Many of them are scientists who uses Linux. They show me as an example a
messenger who can make a conference
with camera and microphone and is uses no flash.

Main-Site:
https://wire.com/de/
web-App:
https://app.wire.com/

In which time-corridor are you planning to eliminate the flash components?
Or is it possible that "only" the clients uses no flash in difference to
the moderator, where the access to the local cam and microphone
over the flash-components is?

With best regards,

Rene

Re: OM without Flash

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Rene,

One of our PMCs was working on displaying Flash based video without Flash
But unfortunately wasn't succeed

Simple WebRTC based chat can be implemented fairly easy
BUT :((
1) this will be serverless application, this mean every user MUST have
enough upload bandwidth to broadcast to all users
2) there will be no option to record AV
3) I expect problems with screen-sharing

I'll try to start prototyping as soon as I'll have enough free time
It's very hard to estimate, since I'm the active developer right now
and have to do $day-time-job, and some personal stuff ....

I'll keep the list informed :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax