Posted to commits@subversion.apache.org by Apache subversion Wiki <co...@subversion.apache.org> on 2012/05/01 18:50:17 UTC

[Subversion Wiki] Update of "NodesOperations" by GregStein

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Subversion Wiki" for change notification.

The "NodesOperations" page has been changed by GregStein:
http://wiki.apache.org/subversion/NodesOperations?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

Comment:
describe the Ev2 update process (confirm Philip's description)

  = Update =
+
+ === Editor v1 ===

  Updating using the current v1 editor changes the base node tree in several steps converting to and from mixed-revisions.  Starting with a simple singe-revision tree:

@@ -72, +74 @@

  ||  0       ||    B          || normal   ||     4    ||

- We don't yet know all the details of the v2 editor update but it is likely that the modify file A/f call will change the original single-revision tree into:
+ === Editor v2 ===
+
+ With editor v2, the update process will construct an editor that will perform its editing operations and apply a specific revision to each node touched. After all operations are done, the callback for svn_editor_complete() will mark all nodes with that target revision.
+
+ For the example above, svn_editor_alter_file("A/f") will update a single row:

  || op-depth || local-relpath || presence || revision ||
  ||  0       ||               || normal   ||     3    ||