Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Adam Stroud <ad...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/12 04:46:23 UTC

Ant and Junit

All:

I just have a question about ant and junit.  I have been trying to get
junit to work cleanly with ant for a few days now.  Based on the
searching I have done on the Internet it seems that this is somewhat
problematic.  Anyways, I have chosen to go the route of removing
ant-junit.jar from ANT_HOME/lib and adding it (along with junit.jar)
to a directory inside the relative path of my build.xml; I also
taskdef the junit task and use the junit task with a "fork" inside my
build.xml.  With this setup, the junit tests are run and all seems
well.  My question is that with this setup I am getting the following
message:

"Trying to override old definition of datatype junit"

What is causing this message and how can I remedy the situation?  I
presume that I am getting this because of my taskdef statement.  What
I dont understand is why it seems like the junit task is already
defined when I have moved the ant-junit.jar file to another location
that I I only add to the classpath in a nested fashion when I build
the test code and run the junit tests.

Any help/direction would be appreciated.

Re: Ant and Junit

Posted by Adam Stroud <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the info.  Do know where in the subversion repo the fix
is?  I dont know my way around ants svn repo.

Thanks

Re: Ant and Junit

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
This is an on-going problem.