Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Warwick <mw...@stwgtn.co.nz> on 2003/05/13 02:36:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Odd problem with WinNT, Apache & PHP

I am getting an 'Object not found' (404) or 'Server Error!' (500) when
trying to access php scripts after having reinstalled and upgraded
Apache and PHP.

The scripts used to work. I have an almost identical system (Apache and
PHP are the same but some of the other software on the machine is
different) running the same scripts successfully. On both sites the
system is Apache/2.0.45 (Win32) PHP/4.3.1.

More detail - this is where it gets weird

I want to call all pages with http://192.168.1.1/directory/page, i.e. no
extension so that pages can be changed from .html to .shtml or .php or
whatever. I also have some pages that use the path for query
information, like http://192.168.1.1/directory/page/option so I have
AcceptPathInfo set.

If I have the file /page.php and call it with /page I get 'Object not
found', if I call it with /page.php I get 'Server Error!'.

If I rename the file to /page.php.txt (which I did accidentally after
editing with notepad) I can successfully see the page, not the source,
but the processed page with any of /page, /page.php or /page.php.txt

Any idea what is going on here?

Michael Warwick
Part-time intranet webmaster

RE: [users@httpd] Odd problem with WinNT, Apache & PHP

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
I know that it's a basic question, but many people find themselves going in
rounds without checking this so, did check if php.ini is located in your
%winnt% folder and set up correctly?

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Jeff@GEJ-IT.com