Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Alessio Santacroce <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/30 20:21:59 UTC

FTPS configuration

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to configure Apache Ftp Server in order to make it work as an
FTPS server but I can't understand how to do it.
Can someone provide me a sample configuration file?

Thanks a lot,
Alessio

Re: FTPS configuration

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 8:21 PM, Alessio Santacroce
<al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to configure Apache Ftp Server in order to make it work as an
> FTPS server but I can't understand how to do it.
> Can someone provide me a sample configuration file?

I added the minimal required configuration to the
/res/conf/ftpd-typical.xml file in the distribution module. If you to
an svn update you should find it. I also fixed two related bugs so
make sure you rebuild. That uses explicit SSL, that is, the client
must send the AUTH command to get SSL. You can also run in implicit
mode, in which case you need to add implicit-ssl="true" on the
listener element. You will find the full documentation here:
http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/listeners.html
http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/tls-ssl-support.html

/niklas