Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Tushar Jain <tu...@hitachi.mgrmnet.com> on 2019/11/20 08:19:15 UTC

Display default value of username in Login screen

Hi,

How can one display default value of username in login screen? The default
value in my case is returned by Javascript function.

Since in 1.1.0, the login fields are generated dynamically, i tried
displaying the default value in 0.9.6 where login screen was independent. I
wasnt successful in either versions.

In 0.9.6, I have already tried modifying LoginController.js
($scope.username="Joe"), but the default value does not reflect

Any help for 1.1.0 and 0.9.6 is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tushar Jain

--
**Disclaimer:* This message and any attachment may contain confidential,
proprietary information and is intended only for the individual named. If
you are not the original intended recipient and have erroneously received
this message, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Hitachi MGRM Net
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete, or contain viruses. Hitachi MGRM Net therefore does not
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is
required, please request a hard-copy version. Hitachi MGRM Net Ltd, C -
6/5, Safdarjung Development Area, New Delhi - 110016, India*
*
*
*'Please
consider the environment before printing this e-mail'.*

Re: Display default value of username in Login screen

Posted by Tushar Jain <tu...@hitachi.mgrmnet.com>.
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try to develop and a custom extension and
will reach out incase i run into any issues.

Thanks
Tushar Jain

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tushar Jain <tu...@hitachi.mgrmnet.com>.
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response.
We are trying to integrate smart card with the login page. Our users are
provided with a unique 16 digit card number which acts as their identity
and the username. Instead of them typing it out everytime, we want
guacamole to fetch it from the card. We have written a custom js to fetch
the card number(i.e the username) and it is working fine. But are not able
to display the card number in the username textfield. Please suggest how to
go about this.

Thanks again
Tushar

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.