Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sr...@gmail.com on 2015/01/10 12:07:20 UTC

How do you send a mail to users-help@tomcat.apache.org ?

I am completely new to this form of support and it is pretty confusing. Whenever I send a mail to users-help@tomcat.apache.org I get a reply from the “ezmlm program” that “The message I received wasn't sent to any of my command addresses.” Does that mean that users-help does not exist ? Because on you mailing list page http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html there is a clear mention that if I want help with the mailing list I should send a mail to users-help@tomcat.apache.org.

So why is my mail not getting accepted ? What am I doing wrong ?

Regards
Sreyan Chakravarty

Re: How do you send a mail to users-help@tomcat.apache.org ?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Jan 10, 2015 7:49 PM, <sr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You didn't say anything about how to reply to a thread in the mailing
list. Right now I am just hitting the reply button on my mail client and
sending my reply. Is that the correct way ? Don't I have to use a thread-id
or something in my sending mail address ? Please let me know asap.

Yes, that's the way - just use Reply.
You are already doing it and it works,  right.

Posted by sr...@gmail.com.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Posted by Yaragalla Muralidhar <ya...@gmail.com>.