Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com> on 2004/01/25 20:01:33 UTC

class enhancement sometimes kills debug session

I'm getting random errors like the one attached when running stuff in an
Eclipse debug session.

No rhyme nor reason, sometimes its one component class, sometimes is
another.
Somtimes it happens when I navigate to a page already seen but it has also
happened a few times when loading the Home page for the first time. (I kill
and restart the debug session when this occurs).

Good news is that I've never seen this in a regular run.

I wonder if Eclipse's support for hot code replacement is getting confused.

Geoff

Geoffrey Longman
Intelligent Works Inc.

Re: class enhancement sometimes kills debug session

Posted by Mindbridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Geoff,

I've been looking at this yesterday for a while. The error indicates that
this is due to a race condition within the enhancement code for sure. I
cannot find such a race condition yet though :(. Could you tell me whether
you are using beta3 or the code from CVS by any chance? Also, can you
reproduce this? (not necessarity in a given moment of time, but
statistically -- within a certain time frame)

This could be a serious problem, so I intend to hunt it down :)

Best regards,
-mb

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
The attachment didn't take..

trying again, if it doesn't work, try this link:

http://data.intelligentworks.com/ExceptionWierd.html

Geoff