Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Holly Edelson <ho...@edelsonmedia.com> on 2006/10/15 00:05:48 UTC

embedding an external web page

Hi,

Is there a method of embedding an external web page into a forrest project? I believe this to be possible with the Forrest project sitemap, as an <xinclude> but am not sure the format or location to insert into:

<map:pipeline>
	<map:match pattern="the_page">
		<map:call resource="the_resourse"/>
		<map:transform src="the_stylesheet"/>
		<map:serialize type=""/>
	</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

I think this has been brought up on the list before and appologize for redundancy.

--
Holly Edelson
W: www.summitjournal.com

Re: embedding an external web page

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Holly Edelson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a method of embedding an external web page into a forrest project? I believe this to be possible with the Forrest project sitemap, as an <xinclude> but am not sure the format or location to insert into:

What do you mean embed? Do you mean with all the existing navigation of
the original site or do you want to strip that and just have the content?

If using skins and you want to strip existing navigation then see [1]

With the dispatcher or some other view rendering technology it's even
easier but I won't go into that now.

If you just want to embed the raw page than use XInclude or an IFrame
(both require either your own DTD or the use of invalid XML so turn off
validation). There are recent discussions on how to do it in this and
the dev list.

Ross

[1] http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/howto/howto-custom-html-source.html