Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jasp <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/18 20:58:59 UTC

behaviour and busy indicator

Hello, I'm trying get Ajax Indicator working for my form validating
behaviour. Basically I have a thing that takes time to check on server.
Meanwhile I'd like to show user a busy indicator.

I tried to do following thing:

*This is page class, with basic form input:*

//...omitted some not revelant code
AjaxIndicatorAppender indicator = new AjaxIndicatorAppender();
final RequiredTextField<String> nickField = new RequiredTextField<String>(
"nick", new PropertyModel<String>( this, "nickValue" ) );
formContainer.add( nickField );
indicator.bind(nickField);
nickField.add( new MyValidatingBehaviour( (Form) formContainer, "onkeyup",
Duration.ONE_SECOND, indicator ) );
//...

*And this is my validating behaviour:*

private class MyValidatingBehaviour extends AjaxFormValidatingBehavior
implements IAjaxIndicatorAware
{
    AjaxIndicatorAppender indicator;

    private MyValidatingBehaviour( Form<?> form, String event, final
Duration throttleDelay, AjaxIndicatorAppender indicator )
    {
        super( form, event );
        this.setThrottleDelay( throttleDelay );
        this.indicator = indicator;
    }

    @Override
    public String getAjaxIndicatorMarkupId()
    {
        return indicator.getMarkupId();
    }
}

Of course there are some other validators than "required" one, I just
ommited 'em here. The thing is, that I dont have any indicator sign
anywhere. Docs says that it appeds "span", yet I couldnt find any in HTML.

The HTML looks simple as this:

<form wicket:id="form">
<input wicket:id="nick" class="textInput" id="nick"/>

</form>

Any help whats wrong?

Re: behaviour and busy indicator

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM, jasp <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying get Ajax Indicator working for my form validating
> behaviour. Basically I have a thing that takes time to check on server.
> Meanwhile I'd like to show user a busy indicator.
>
> I tried to do following thing:
>
> *This is page class, with basic form input:*
>
> //...omitted some not revelant code
> AjaxIndicatorAppender indicator = new AjaxIndicatorAppender();
> final RequiredTextField<String> nickField = new RequiredTextField<String>(
> "nick", new PropertyModel<String>( this, "nickValue" ) );
> formContainer.add( nickField );
> indicator.bind(nickField);

replace the line above with:
nickField.add(indicator);

> nickField.add( new MyValidatingBehaviour( (Form) formContainer, "onkeyup",
> Duration.ONE_SECOND, indicator ) );
> //...
>
> *And this is my validating behaviour:*
>
> private class MyValidatingBehaviour extends AjaxFormValidatingBehavior
> implements IAjaxIndicatorAware
> {
>    AjaxIndicatorAppender indicator;
>
>    private MyValidatingBehaviour( Form<?> form, String event, final
> Duration throttleDelay, AjaxIndicatorAppender indicator )
>    {
>        super( form, event );
>        this.setThrottleDelay( throttleDelay );
>        this.indicator = indicator;
>    }
>
>    @Override
>    public String getAjaxIndicatorMarkupId()
>    {
>        return indicator.getMarkupId();
>    }
> }
>
> Of course there are some other validators than "required" one, I just
> ommited 'em here. The thing is, that I dont have any indicator sign
> anywhere. Docs says that it appeds "span", yet I couldnt find any in HTML.
>
> The HTML looks simple as this:
>
> <form wicket:id="form">
> <input wicket:id="nick" class="textInput" id="nick"/>
>
> </form>
>
> Any help whats wrong?

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: behaviour and busy indicator

Posted by jasp <ka...@gmail.com>.
I just cant believe it... so easy yet I didnt firgure it out myself. Thank
you very much! :)