Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Benjamin Kim <bb...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/02 21:46:59 UTC

Spark SQL Tables on top of HBase Tables

I was wondering if anyone has tried to create Spark SQL tables on top of HBase tables so that data in HBase can be accessed using Spark Thriftserver with SQL statements? This is similar what can be done using Hive.

Thanks,
Ben

Re: Spark SQL Tables on top of HBase Tables

Posted by Yan Zhou <yz...@gmail.com>.
There is a HSpark project, https://github.com/yzhou2001/HSpark, providing
native and fast access to HBase.
Currently it only supports Spark 1.4, but any suggestions and contributions
are more than welcome.

 Try it out to find its speedups!

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Mine is Hbase-0.98,

Posted by Benjamin Kim <bb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Kim <bb...@gmail.com>.
Mich,

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by ayan guha <gu...@gmail.com>.
You can either read hbase in rdd and then turn it to a df or expose hbase
tables using hive and read from hive or use phoenix

Posted by KhajaAsmath Mohammed <md...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kim,