Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Justin Case <se...@yahoo.com> on 2010/12/03 10:09:21 UTC

migrating to Tomcat 7, when

Hi all,

I see discussions about migration to Tomcat 7. Do you think it is the right
moment to count your production apps on it? My thought is "no way Jose" but
maybe I'm missing something...

Thank you,
JC

Re: migrating to Tomcat 7, when

Posted by Ronald Klop <ro...@base.nl>.

Op vrijdag, 3 december 2010 10:09 schreef Justin Case <se...@yahoo.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I see discussions about migration to Tomcat 7. Do you think it is the right
> moment to count your production apps on it? My thought is "no way Jose" but
> maybe I'm missing something...
>
> Thank you,
> JC

The answer probably depends on how depended you are on the corner cases of how Servlets work. Start running your development and testing servers on it, so you can see what it does for you. And post your findings here.

Ronald.

Re: migrating to Tomcat 7, when

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 12/3/10 9:09 AM, Justin Case wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I see discussions about migration to Tomcat 7. Do you think it is the right
> moment to count your production apps on it? My thought is "no way Jose" but
> maybe I'm missing something...

It's beta, but it's not poor quality.  Code /has/ changed but there's
still a solid base from 6.0.

Open source projects gain stability through usage, the feedback is
important to finding problems.