Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by David Goodenough <da...@linkchoose.co.uk> on 2015/04/06 16:19:42 UTC

jax-rs packaging question

I have a JAX-RS application, and if I can I want to use the no-xml
configuration with annotations instead.

So I have written the main stateless EJB with @Path, which
has an @POST annotated method on it, and a second class
derived from Application which has an @ApplicationPath annotation.
The Application has an overridden method:-

	@Override public Set<Class<?>>getClasses() {
		Set<Class<?>>s = new HashSet<Class<?>>();
		s.add(Ejb.class);
		return s;
		}

I then put the whole lot in a war file which contains just those
classes and a few others that I reference from the @POST method.
They all make reference to libraries that are in the {tomee}/lib
directory.  In the war file is also a persistence.xml which defines
the postgresql driver and the JDBC connection info (the driver is
included in the  war file)

I finally put the war file in its own directory in the webapps directory
and start tomee (using bin/startup.sh).

In the log file I get information which seems to say that it has
found everything:-

INFO - REST Application: http://localhost:8080/test/*           ->
uk.co.dga.test.App
INFO -      Service URI: http://localhost:8080/test/ejb  ->  EJB
uk.co.dga.test.Ejb
INFO -              POST http://localhost:8080/test/ejb/ ->      Reply
process(JAXBElement<Request>)

So it seems to have found both classes.

Then however is starts to complain:-

SEVERE - Error waiting for multi-thread deployment of directories to complete
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.InternalError:
LocalBeanProxyFactory.createProxy: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

and a whole stack trace ending with as the inner most part:-

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: uk.co.dga.test.Ejb
        at
org.apache.openejb.core.TempClassLoader.loadClass(TempClassLoader.java:186)
        at
org.apache.openejb.core.TempClassLoader.loadClass(TempClassLoader.java:83)
        ... 26 more

How can it have found it and not found it?

David

Re: jax-rs packaging question

Posted by David Goodenough <da...@linkchoose.co.uk>.
One other thing which I suppose might be relevant, I compiled
this with java-8.  So I suppose one of the classloaders might
not be loading the new class file format properly?

David

Posted by David Goodenough <da...@linkchoose.co.uk>.
On Monday 06 April 2015 21:58:51 Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> david.goodenough@linkchoose.co.uk>:
> > Attached is the war file, which fails every time for me.
>
> I get a HTTP 200 + the good response string deploying your war.
Yes it does without the *, but it still throws the exception in
logs/catalina.out

> > The @Post method does have a body, all it does is return a string.
> >
> > I met the * somewhere online, I think on an oracle site.  I will see if I
> > can
> > find it.
>
> I'm sure it is valid, just it is not handled in tomee:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-1542. That said not using a
> star is exactly the same.
I have removed it.  With the * it does not, but as that should not be there
I will simply avoid it in the future.

David

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Goodenough <da...@linkchoose.co.uk>.