Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/28 23:57:53 UTC

Building blues.

I'm not sure what is going wrong but there are multiple problems with
Phoenix as trying to build from fresh CVS :

1)  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.bsf.BSFManager during

  I have tried to add bsf.jar to the lib/ dir, but it does not fix things.
  I t is invoked from 'ant dist'

2) (from GUMP)

  getSubTaskName() in SubDoc seems to be overriden in BlockInfoSubTask, but is should not be as it is final.  At least according to GUMP it is.

I'll do some more investigation in the morning...

- Paul

Re: Building blues.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
At 10:57 PM 6/28/2002 +0100, Paul Hammant wrote:
>I'm not sure what is going wrong but there are multiple problems with
>Phoenix as trying to build from fresh CVS :
>
>1)  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.bsf.BSFManager during
>
>  I have tried to add bsf.jar to the lib/ dir, but it does not fix things.
>  I t is invoked from 'ant dist'

You have to put BSF into ant/lib to get that to work I believe. I assume
this is for creating the release notes/HEADER.html etc ? If so then we
could upgrade to velocity and thus remove this dependency. I don't have the
time just yet but if you want to do it go for it!

>2) (from GUMP)
>
>  getSubTaskName() in SubDoc seems to be overriden in BlockInfoSubTask,
> but is should not be as it is final.  At least according to GUMP it is.

XDoclet is under a somewhat rapid evolution and backwards compatability is
being thrown out every two weeks or so. Luckily they are having a stable
release in about two weeks so we will upgrade then. The basic problem is
that we cant upgrade to latest xdoclet as it uses ant1.5b2 - when ant1.5 is
officially released we can upgrade to latest xdoclet and all will be good.

I played with gump and it should not fail again as I am using the jars in
our own cvs.

Cheers,

Peter Donald
everyone gets busy on the proof."