Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Cord Awtry <ki...@rcn.com> on 2003/12/22 03:23:38 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.18 MailSession Problem

Hello all,

            I'm hoping someone can given me some help here. I'm
attempting to set up a mail session but I can't seem to get Tomcat to
use the specified host of the mail server, it keeps using only
localhost.

            In my web.xml, I have:

  <resource-ref>
    <description>My Mail Server</description>
    <res-ref-name>mail/MyMail</res-ref-name>
    <res-type>javax.mail.Session</res-type>
    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

            And in the server.xml, I have:

  <ResourceParams name="mail/MyMail">
    <parameter>
      <name>mail.smtp.host</name>
      <value>smtp.myserver.com</value>
    </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>

            No matter what I do I get error from the mail server that it
can't relay my message. When I debug this and look at the session, the
mail.smtp.host is set to localhost.

            Any idea on what I've done wrong?

            Thanks in advance for any help,

                        -C-