Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/08/29 19:43:02 UTC

Maven staging plugin now picks up server settings

I've fixed the problem with server settings, now you can specify the
id of source and target repos and it'll use the authentication info in
the settings

>From the docs

 The plugin is used from the command line. In the following example we will
 copy artifacts from a staging repository located at
 <<<http://people.apache.org/~snicoll/maven-stage-repo/>>>
 that is configured in the user settings file with an <<<apache.staging>>> id
 to the Apache scp repository located at
 <<<scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository>>>
 that is configured in the user settings file with an <<<apache.releases>>> id.
 If no special configuration is required for the source or target
repositories the
 sourceRepositoryId or targetRepositoryId parameters respectively can be ommited

-------------------
mvn stage:copy -Dsource="http://people.apache.org/~snicoll/maven-stage-repo/" \
               -Dtarget="scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository"
\
               -DsourceRepositoryId=apache.staging \
               -DtargetRepositoryId=apache.releases \
               -Dversion=2.0.3
-------------------

 <<Note:>> Although it looks like we are only copying version <<<2.0.3>>>, we
 are in fact copying <<everything>> from the source URL to the target. This is
 due to a bug and will change in the future.

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Re: Maven staging plugin now picks up server settings

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
This is great news! Thanks Carlos.

I'll be sure to try it out when I do the next release...

Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> I've fixed the problem with server settings, now you can specify the
> id of source and target repos and it'll use the authentication info in
> the settings
>
>>>From the docs
>
>  The plugin is used from the command line. In the following example we will
>  copy artifacts from a staging repository located at
>  <<<http://people.apache.org/~snicoll/maven-stage-repo/>>>
>  that is configured in the user settings file with an <<<apache.staging>>> id
>  to the Apache scp repository located at
>  <<<scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository>>>
>  that is configured in the user settings file with an <<<apache.releases>>> id.
>  If no special configuration is required for the source or target
> repositories the
>  sourceRepositoryId or targetRepositoryId parameters respectively can be ommited
>
> -------------------
> mvn stage:copy -Dsource="http://people.apache.org/~snicoll/maven-stage-repo/" \
>                -Dtarget="scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository"
> \
>                -DsourceRepositoryId=apache.staging \
>                -DtargetRepositoryId=apache.releases \
>                -Dversion=2.0.3
>
>  <<Note:>> Although it looks like we are only copying version <<<2.0.3>>>, we
>  are in fact copying <<everything>> from the source URL to the target. This is
>  due to a bug and will change in the future.

--
Dennis Lundberg