Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by "Amend, Christian" <ch...@sap.com> on 2014/07/09 13:22:36 UTC

ODataError as BeanClass in Commons instead of an Interface? Client feedback needed.

Hi,

I am implementing an ODataError serializer right now. Serialization should be done based on an ODataError object. I saw there is already an interface in the commons-api module but I would need a bean class.
I would like to make this interface into a bean with getters and setters because on server side this is something which can also get created by an Application. If only the interface is available each application would have to implement it themselves. There is no logic inside the ODataErrorImpl and the ODataErrorDetailImpl so it should be no issue.

Are there any objections from client side which would prevent such a refactoring? If not I would do the refactoring and also change the client code where necessary.

Best Regards,
Christian