Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Craig Wistow <cr...@wistow.net> on 2005/03/23 21:55:20 UTC

Questions

Dear Sir/Madam

I am very interested in utilizing your creation, Nutch, as the driving
force behind a new search engine I wish to create.

The question I would like your reply on is what size of index can I hope
to create with a dedicated server that has a 3.0GHz Pentium 4, a 160 GB
HDD and 2GB of RAM? Around 10 Million pages? Do you have any idea what
hardware configuration I would need to build an index of around a
billion pages?

I am looking at raising a substantial amount of money to invest into
this venture, and would appreciate your input. If I required changes
making to the script, would you be able to carry them out (for a fee of
course)? I do realise that you are a very busy man, and this would also
make your reply more appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Craig Wistow

Re: Questions