Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sa...@bt.com on 2003/06/20 10:26:16 UTC

Newbie question on Usage and design style

Dear Axis users,

We are considering of introducing axis based web services, as an interop
solution for the interface into our product. We already have well
established Authentication and Authorisation services delivered via CORBA, I
wanted to utilise the same and introduce a concept of a token for every
successful user of our web services (still in the conceptualization phase).

Some sites suggested of introducing SOAP Headers in the WSDL. Does AXIS
support this feature of a token in the request header. How do I access it in
an end point? Is it too much of a demand on web services?

Any pointers to solution or examples will be greatly appreciated.

Hope for a quickish reply, as I heard this list is pretty active.

Regards,

Santosh

Santosh Joshi

TASKFORCE development,
+44(1473)605316
a.p.solve

http://www.apsolve.com

Re: Newbie question on Usage and design style

Posted by Wilfred Springer <Wi...@Sun.COM>.
> We are considering of introducing axis based web services, as an interop
> solution for the interface into our product. We already have well
> established Authentication and Authorisation services delivered via CORBA, I
> wanted to utilise the same and introduce a concept of a token for every
> successful user of our web services (still in the conceptualization phase).

This smells like SAML.

> Some sites suggested of introducing SOAP Headers in the WSDL. Does AXIS
> support this feature of a token in the request header. How do I access it in
> an end point? Is it too much of a demand on web services?

If your ultimate goal is interoperability, then you'd better steer clear
from introducing proprietary headers.

Wilfred Springer               Phone  : +31 (0)3 3451 5736
Java Architect                 Mobile : +31 (0)6 2295 7321
Sun Java Center                Fax    : +31 (0)3 3451 5734
Sun Microsystems Netherlands   Mail   : wilfred.springer@sun.com