Posted to user@commons.apache.org by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/06 05:46:35 UTC

[email] Email attachment is inline for some reason

I have a strange problem.  I've used commons-email for a while now
with good success but now all of the sudden it isn't working right and
I don't know why.  The emails have 3 problems:

1. Although I attach a file to the email as an attachment it is
received inline as base64 encoded text.  I.e. my code does this:
attachment.setDisposition(EmailAttachment.ATTACHMENT);

2. The subject is replaced with this:  (no subject)

3. The from and reply to email addresses are dropped and replaced with
the email address used in as the authenticator.

This is only a problem when I run the code on the production server
which is Linux (hosted virtual server).  It works as expected on
Windows during test.  This code on the Linux server used to work but
it was a prior build, not sure what changed but nothing in the email
code changed...just a different file being sent with different
description.

Any ideas why these three things might be occurring?

-Dave

Re: [email] Email attachment is inline for some reason

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.
Yes, with this changed it works great!  Thanks for your help!

-Dave

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi David,

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi David,

this is a common issue coming up regularly (and the FAQ section is
somehow missing on the deployed site which addresses the problem), e.g.
see
http://brightdadson.blogspot.com/2010/06/if-you-are-working-on-spring-web.html

I would recommend to exclude all geronimo specs jars for javamail and
activation and I'm pretty sure that this solves the issue ... :-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.