Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <co...@decus.org> on 1997/07/15 17:22:23 UTC

More for the style guide

    Also:

    o What about "!" as an operator?  Should it be followed by a space
      or not?  (IMHO, since it doesn't modify the value the way "++" and
      "--" do, I'm inclined to treat it like other operators and have it
      followed by a space.)  This also applies to any other unary
      operators, such as negation ("a = -foo" or "a = - foo"?).

    o if-then-else blocks are covered, but what about if-then-elseif?
      Should the second if-block be in braces?  On the same line as the
      else?

    o The item from the preceding message about breaking up and
      indenting long expressions is also meant to cover routine
      invocations and declarations that are longer than 80 columns.

    #ken    :-)}

Re: More for the style guide

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>.
On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>     o What about "!" as an operator?  Should it be followed by a space
>       or not?  (IMHO, since it doesn't modify the value the way "++" and
>       "--" do, I'm inclined to treat it like other operators and have it
>       followed by a space.)  This also applies to any other unary
>       operators, such as negation ("a = -foo" or "a = - foo"?).

Yuck. One-character operators should, IMHO, be stuck to the following
expression.

>     o if-then-else blocks are covered, but what about if-then-elseif?
>       Should the second if-block be in braces?  On the same line as the
>       else?

Yes. Yes. Although there is no "then" in C, AFAIK, so maybe you're
talking about something else.

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>