Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2016/07/18 10:04:32 UTC

Components with multiple input/output capabilities?

Hi all,

did any of you ever encounter a component that declared multiple sets of input/output capabilities or a scenario where you required multiple inputs/outputs?

https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-current/references.html#ugr.ref.xml.component_descriptor.aes.capabilities

Cheers,

-- Richard

Re: Components with multiple input/output capabilities?

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
I thought it might have been used e.g. in multi-modal scenarios where different types
of data is kept in different views, e.g. audio and transcribed text or HTML and plain
text...

... but I didn't see a way to add a view name to the capabilities.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.