Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by dhanushka ranasinghe <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/05 17:28:54 UTC

403 forbidden when Commiting

Hi..

I have a folder called   "a.b.c.d.svn.client"   but whe i commiting this
folder to my svn it get  403 Forbidden ERROR , but when i rename it to
"a.b.c.d.repo.client " commit works perfectly.

is there any reason for that

Thank You
Parakrama

RE: 403 forbidden when Commiting

Posted by "Cooke, Mark" <ma...@siemens.com>.

As a first guess, do you have any pre-commit hooks that parse paths?

As a second guess, do you have any apache rules that forbid access to any path containing `.svn` (often used to prevent browsing of the svn "pristene" directories)?

Actually, thinking about it I would check the second first!

~ mark c