Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/15 17:06:07 UTC

[DISCUSS] Gremlin Variants Tutorial

I think we need to retire the Gremlin Language Variants Tutorial:

https://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.5.0-SNAPSHOT/tutorials/gremlin-language-variants/

while there is some good content there, the tutorial talks a bit too much
about jython and the code generation approach to building a GLV. Jython is
dead and building GLVs is not a code generation task so much anymore and if
it was it would likely not be happening by way of reflection and groovy
scripts. I'm going to pick the content apart a bit and distribute it
elsewhere in the docs. I think I will need to leave some kind of redirect
for the page though, rather than just wholly removing it - I think i will
just have it redirect to:

https://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/current/reference/#gremlin-drivers-variants